“It’s time to rehumanise management.”
Happening right now, managers are grappling with what Dominic Ashley-Timms calls ‘the great realignment’.
For the first time in human history, the workplace is made up of 5 distinct generational cohorts and millions of ‘accidental managers’ are facing novel management challenges that are yet to be properly examined.
Enter, The Answer Is a Question (TSO, October, 2022).
In the face of current world events changing the way in which we work, Dominic and Laura’s perfectly timed book is the ideal response.
But this book isn’t another post-pandemic management guide contemplating the nuances of remote work.
The Answer is a Question is the distillation of hard-won insights into actionable, measurable steps for any manager who wants more from themselves and their colleagues.
Available from TSO, a publisher with thousands of titles under their belt, The Answer Is a Question draws on more than 60 years of collective experience at the very top tier of global businesses, working with some of the world’s best-known organisations, Laura and Dominic set out the fundamentals of their model for rehumanising management and helping all of us become ‘better people people’.
Sharing details of their ground-breaking and now, academically proven* Operational CoachingTM programme STAR® Manager, The Answer Is a Question empowers all of us to become better leaders, better managers and better colleagues, all by discovering how to ask better questions.
By accessing what the authors call our ‘hidden superpower’, readers who commit to asking better questions, guided by the illuminating case studies and personal testimonies included in the book, can expect to:
- Recoup a day a week time previously lost
- Reduce stress, in work and out
- Concentrate on higher-value tasks
- Develop an infectious habit for asking the right questions at the right time
- Foster creativity and problem-solving in colleagues
- Rehumanise their management approach
The Answer is a Question challenges readers to rethink their perspective on how they manage others by illustrating with actionable steps:
- How to identify a coachable moment in (almost) any work scenario
- How to go further than ‘active listening’ and learn to listen at an intuitive level
- How to improve key relationships quickly
- How to easily supercharge confidence in others
- How to move beyond to-do lists and rediscover the joy in managing others